Intramural is the brainchild of Denver Dalley, former guitarist for the Conor Oberst led Desaparecidos and frontman for Statistics, and co-producer Sam Shacklock that has been more than four years in the making. The ten tracks of electro-acoustic-rock to be release under the name This is a Landslide, each feature a different vocalist. To round out the sound of the album Dalley enlisted the help of artists including fellow Nashvillian and Pink Spiders' (MySpace) Matt Friction on the rocking "My My Nashville," and the dark, sultry and tortured strains of Greg Dulli (MySpace)on the title track. The genre bending album features the following tracks (unfortunately only one album track is floating around out there, "From the Ground" linked below via Stereogum).
1. My My, Tennessee (with Matt Friction of Pink Spiders)
2. Queens of Comparison (with Judah Nagler of The Velvet Teen)
3. From the Ground (with John Roderick of the Long Winters)
4. This is a Landslide (with Greg Dulli of the Twilight Singers)
5. Grows Stronger (with Leta Lucy)
6. Folded (with Gabe Archer of the Pale Pacific)
7. Rocket (with TJ Penzone of Men, Women and Children)
8. Spy (with Tricia Kanne of Minipop)
9. Nights Are Long (with Josh Dawson of Slender Means)
11. Needle Point (with Teresa Eggers of the Evening Episode)However, the non-album track, but equally impressive, "Impairment Begins With The First Drink" featuring vocals by Teeter Sperber from LadybiRdS is also available via Stereogum.
For a few more sneak peaks, visit the Twilight Singers MySpace page where "This is a Landslide" is currently streaming. Intramural's Myspace page is currently stream four tracks including the smoking lead track, "My My Nashville."
Go ahead an order the album NOW from Slowdance Records in case your local independent record store didn't have the foresight to stock what I think could be one of the most exciting releases of the year.