Friday, July 27, 2007

Life On Mars?

MarsOk so there are a couple of reasons behind this post. First, there was the Mars proximity email which had been circulating the last few weeks, and which turned out to be a hoax. Then there was this weeks hilarious episode of Flight of the Conchords featuring several David Bowie dream sequences culminating in one of the most memorable musical segments of the season (embedded below for your viewing pleasure). So I give you my tribute to David Bowie and to Mars. Please note that the only reference to 30 Seconds to Mars is to say that I will not be including any songs authored or performed by said group whom I personally don't care for. See I've already devoted more time to them than I wanted!

And you get in your car and drive real far.
And you drive all night and then you see a light.
And it comes right down and it lands on the ground.
And out comes the man from Mars.
And you try to run but he's got a gun.
And he shoots you dead and he eats your head.
And then you're in the man from Mars.
You go out at night...eatin' cars.
You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too.
Mercurys and Subaru.

0 comments: