Monday, September 8, 2008

Catching Up

Funny how things go. I had been in a real funk as far as new music goes (and really busy) so I really haven't bothered posting anything in a long time. Then, a few weeks ago I noticed that more recent and new stuff was getting queued up quite regularly. So I figured it was about time to jump back into this. Here are a couple of tracks from recent releases that I've been digging.

Albert Hammond, Jr. released his sophomore record, ¿Cómo Te Llama? in July. It is every bit as good as The Strokes in my opinion.

GfC (mp3)

Website | MySpace


Muy Cansado! I'll be honest, I don't really know a lot about this Massachusetts trio. Their debut album, Stars & Garters, showed up in my mailbox a month or so ago, and I finally got around to giving it a spin. However, I can say that it is an exciting and impressive debut of driving rock filled with hook after hook. Personally, I hear a lot of different influences, but you really should judge for yourself.

Telemundo (mp3)

Website | MySpace

0 comments: