Thursday, March 6, 2008

Guilty!!!

I have been charged with dereliction of duties with regard to my blogging, and my penance is your reward, or punishment depending on whether you no likee. Prevailing wisdom would seem to suggest that getting shit-canned would free up time for my little hobby, and indeed it has. I have just been too damn lazy. I will try to do better. There are a few records on the horizon that I am mildly excited to tepid about including a Ministry covers record (see track below), a new Breeders record, the new NIN Ghosts I-II-III-IV, a new Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan record, and more that I hope to get around to listening to and gabbing about. Until now, here's a few covers to keep you occupied.

Noun 1. cover song - a recording of a song that was first recorded or made popular by somebody else; "they made a cover of a Beatles' song"

The Afghan Whigs - If There's A Hell Below (We're All Going To Go) (Curtis Mayfield)
Kate Nash - Men's Needs (The Cribs)
Seu Jorge - Rebel Rebel (David Bowie)
The Band - Atlantic City (Bruce Springsteen)
Ministry - Roadhouse Blues (The Doors)
Mudhoney - You Stupid Asshole (Angry Samoans)
Tift Merritt - Who Loves The Sun (The Velvet Underground)
Bonnie 'Prince" Billy - Am I Demon (Danzig)
Allison Moorer - Dancing Barefoot (Patti Smith)
Flyin' Shoes - Lyle Lovett (Townes Van Zandt)
Where Is My Mind - Yoav (Pixies)
Streets Of Baltimore - Evan Dando (Tompall Glaser)
Dead Flowers - Caitlen Rose (The Rolling Stones)
Computer Age - Sonic Youth (Neil Young)
Say It Right - Bloc Party (Nelly Furtado)
Sea Of Love - Cat Power (Phil Phillips with The Twilights)
Xanadu - Lightspeed Champion (Olivia Newton John)

0 comments: